Jan 22, 2021

Kindness : Floral card

 Hiya Crafty peeps,

Back here again with a floral card. Current challenges in blogland inspired me to do today's card.

Made use of a new Sizzix Embossing folder : Botanicals, a birthday gift from my dearest crafty pal, Jasleen.

Tried watercoloring over it, as I absolutely love the way the colors bleed and blend on Watercolor cardstocks. 

Karin markers are my birthday gift from my DH and this card demanded using it. It's so magical to see the way it works beautifully on Canson Montval watercolor paper. 

It's my first time watercoloring over Embossing folder. 

Over to my card,






  • Dry embossed the watercolor cardstock using Sizzix Botanicals Embossing Folder.
  • Watercolored it using my new crafty stash addition : Karin markers. Love using it!!
  • Added white paint splatters over the panel.
  • Trimmed to fit A2 sized top fold cardbase.
  • Added the Hero Arts Kindness sentiment vellum strip over the embossed panel.
  • Mounted onto black A2 sized cardbase.
  • Few clear dew droplets added as accents.
Hope you like it!

Linking these to following challenge:

Time Out Challenges: You : My Love for Flowers, Watercolors, Spreading Joy through my Art defines me much.



Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything goes + Sentiment

Color Crazy challenge : Anything goes ( Colored with  Karin markers)

The flower challenge:  Embossing Dry /Wet (Dry Embossed using Embossing folder)


Happy Crafting!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

sandie said...

This is so beautiful. What a great embossing folder-it has so much texture that allows you to colour like this-so kind of Jasleen. And your colouring is superb, so fresh and so detailed. I love the reasons you give for this representing 'YOU' for Time Out-we send joy right back to you! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Viv said...

What a stunning card Sathya! I love these pretty flowers and the gorgeous embossing and water colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Shauna said...

Wow... this looks fab! I love how you added the color to those embossed flowers. The dimension and color looks so good! Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Julie said...

Beautiful card and lovely sentiment
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T