Jul 5, 2022

Stay Kind | Castle Garden | Altenew

 Hi Everyone,

Am here today with a floral card using a new to me Colouring Medium. Yes you heard me right. I love to experiment my coloring skills with a variety of Colouring medium and this time, its happened to be 

Faber Castell Pastel Pencils.

They are chalky and unlike the regular wax based/oil based / or any other coloured pencils. The cardstock I used was Brustro Pastel assorted pack. It has a wonderful texture/tooth to pick the medium and the layering was pretty good.

Being my maiden attempt with this medium, I took a small floral spray from Altenew - Castle Garden for coloring. 

Over to my card,




  • Stamped Altenew - Castle Garden using Antique Linen DI.
  • Colored using the Faber Castell Pastel Pencils.
  • Used Brustro Paper stumps for smudging and layering the colors.
  • Used Brustro kneadable eraser to take off the colors which was smudged around the image during coloring process.
  • Sentiments are from 2 different Altenew stamp sets, yet wonderfully worked together. Stamped using Altenew Coral Berry crisp ink pad.
  • Diecut the panel using scalloped outline die set.
  • Mounted this panel over the ivory A2 sized cardbase using foam adhesives.
Hope you like it!

Linking this to 



1 comment:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is gorgeous, Sathya. Those floral images are so beautiful and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks doe playing with us at Time Out.